Dunlavin Tidy Towns Committee was established over twenty-five years ago. Our aim is to galvanise the community to work together to ensure Dunlavin is not only a great place to live, but to work in and visit also. Over the years our committee grew and forged alliances with the local Fas Group, schools and community groups, building a momentum that is in evidence today by the achievements of the local organisation.
The purpose of this website is to continue to communicate the Dunlavin Tidy Towns message – Everyone can contribute to their local environment. We hope to increase the awareness of the Tidy Town initiatives by using this website to alert members of the community about our activities and also hope to grow our membership further. We can all make a difference.
Goals for the future:
- For Dunlavin to retain its status as an attractive heritage town.
- Promote environmental awareness, civic spirit and pride in the community.
- Encourage active participation and involvement of groups and organisations in environmental initiatives.
- Create innovative and effective projects and initiatives with a view to addressing local challenges.
- Ensure value for money through maximisation of resources and through effective and efficient delivery of services.
How vainly men themselves amazeAndrew Marvell – The Garden 1681
To win the palm, the oak, or bays,
And their uncessant labours see
Crown’d from some single herb or tree,
Whose short and narrow verged shade
Does prudently their toils upbraid;
While all flow’rs and all trees do close
To weave the garlands of repose